We are excited that the interest for archery in the Rockhampton/and Capricorn Coast region has
really began building up.
Dedicated members from Capricorn Field Archers Inc. have been working hard to build membership
in the local area by attending expo's and providing invaluable information in relation to all aspects of field archery
as well as bow hunting etc.
WHERE CAN YOU FIND US??
Alton Downs Polocrosse and Sporting Club
Alton Downs via Rockhampton
is where we shoot.... to get there follow these directions
From the South or West enter Rockhampton from the Bruce Highway which merges into
- Follow the highway into Albert street at the lights (on way to Mackay).
- Take first turn to the left into Campbell Street.
- At 2nd round-a-bout veer
left onto Wandal Road (2nd exit).
- Follow Wandal Road out of town, merges to Ridgelands Road.
- Approximately 20 km,
travel "over" - 'Black Gin Creek'.
- First turn left into Waroula Road.
- First turn on left is Alton Downs Polocrosse
and Sports Clubs Grounds and Capricorn Field Archers is within these grounds.
There are many clubs in and around the region, and we are lucky enough that we participate
in interclub "shoots" which consist of paper targets and also 3D targets.
For further information about other archery clubs around the region please click
on Links above.